Monday, March 16, 2009

Who would have thought that commuting to work in this beautiful mountains would be so difficult. I moved to the mountains 15 years ago and learned very quickly that it would take at least a year for me to become “Countryfied”. I was still “Cityfied” and I had to learn how to slow down and not let that road rage come into play in the country. One of the first things that I learned was that you don’t honk your horn at other people in cars. They will make that left turn even if they don’t have their bleaker on to show they are turning. They may be driving slower than you would like but you will just have to have a little patience.

 It is hard for “Cityfied” people to understand what it is like to deal with the problems of commuting in the country. Last week I was on my way into work, I had an appointment in 20 minutes and all of a sudden, on Hwy 175, there were 7 deer crossing the road. I stopped. They watched me. I watched them. Other cars stopped and they watched. What a magnificent sight. No where else could you enjoy such a sight. We all waited for them to cross the road and our appointments would just have to wait!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that were my traffic problem! I'd much prefer 7 deer to 7 spots of road construction and 700 cars going the same direction as me.

    ReplyDelete